First off, this is a really good question because it’s a difficult enough concept to explain. Why you might well ask? Well, probably because most people just don’t understand Lifestyle Financial Planning. Not unless that is, you’re one of the lucky people to have already experienced it.
Lifestyle Financial Planning focuses on you and the bigger picture around your desired future life. It does so because while everyone has an idea of the lifestyle they would like to live, most are unsure where to start. There are so many moving parts, and so many things to be done at any given time that most postpone any kind of planning to another time. In doing so however, you have to learn to live with the consequences. The consequence of constant stress, anxiety, fear of the unknown, sleepless nights, guilt around spending, the list goes on.
Lifestyle Financial Planning focuses in on the Big Questions. Questions like “When can I afford to stop doing what I no longer enjoy, and start doing all those things I’ve always wanted?” “What do I need to do to ensure I don’t run out of money” “How can I be confident my family will be financially secure, whatever happens? “How much do I need to earn, save and sell my business for to be okay for the rest of my life?” and the really Big Question “How much is Enough?” which you can really only establish when we help you work out another big question “What’s Your Number!”
Lifestyle Financial Planning puts you at the very centre of any service proposition. The number 1 objective is to help you identify, achieve and maintain your desired lifestyle without fear of running out of money. It puts you in control so you know where you’re at financially, today as well as tomorrow. This is really important because after all, Life’s not a Rehearsal.
Financial Planning empowers everyone:
- It enables higher net-worth clients to leave a Legacy. You can initiate a plan to avoid or at least reduce estate taxes. You can de-risk and have real Peace of Mind on life’s journey. You can spend more on yourselves and others without fear or guilt. You’ll know if you can Gift your kids and grandkids when they need it most, and in a tax efficient manner.
- It helps the hard-working middle class to understand their number. You’ll know how much longer you need to keep on working. It’ll establish if you need to cut back a bit now so you won’t be forced to cut back a lot later on? It provides clarity and a road map to focus on. It reduces or eliminates that fear of the unknown and associated stress.
- For those struggling to make ends meet, it clearly shows them that their options. 1) Work harder/longer to Earn More, 2) Cut Back and Spend Less, 3) Start Saving & Investing or 4) take on More Investment Risk with what you have to try and achieve a higher return. At its very basic level, you’ll now know where you stand.
So, no matter what stage you’re at on Life’s Journey, it’s never too late to implement a plan. Lifestyle Financial Planning empowers everyone!
I’d compare Lifestyle Financial Planning to being like; placed in a TIME MACHINE. It brings you on a journey and allows you to take a look at your financial future. You can fast-forward any number of years, step in and have an in-depth look. If you don’t like certain things that you see, you can then step back in time, to the present day, and do something about it.
Some of the real benefits of Lifestyle Financial Planning are:
- PEACE OF MIND (of where you are heading financially)
- LESS GUILT (about spending because you now know what you can afford)
- Improved Health (having much less stress)
- CLARITY and a Sense of Control (around your financial future)
- Creates a ROAD MAP for your future
- A much improved Work-Life Balance
- A FINISH LINE (imagine any race, job, task without knowing the end-game, how devastating would that be?)
- MORE FREEDOM, MORE CHOICES, MORE LIFE
Of course, you can have a stab at doing this yourself. You’ll need to be quite good at excel, have a basic working knowledge of finance, understand the inputs and be fairly disciplined to stay the course. This would certainly go a long way and be much better than doing nothing. Or, you could decide to get someone else to do all the heavy lifting for you, while you get on with living your life and doing what you do best. A Certified Financial Planner CFP® is best placed to implement a professional Financial Plan for you. S/He will understand your particular circumstances and can advise, implement and monitor your plan with you. There is also state of the art Professional Financial Planning software available and used by some more experienced planners.
Lifestyle Financial Planners are amongst a small number of Certified Financial Planners CFP® in Ireland who have invested heavily in this technology. We combine this with our expertise to show you both visually and numerically what your financial future will look like. Remember, Life’s not a Rehearsal, so get busy living. Being on solid ground with regards to your future will give you the freedom to breath. To start enjoying your life to the full and start doing so now. To schedule your free 40 minute initial consultation, contact Paul today at email@example.com
Please share this blogpost if you think it has been informative or might help someone you know. Remember, all introductory meetings are held entirely at our expense, so feel free to get in touch today!
Next week, I will share with you some snippets on how Lifestyle Financial Planning has positively impacted on people’s lives. If you have any queries on this or any other financial planning subject, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul is the Managing Director of Lifestyle Financial Planners and been in the Financial Planning business since 1985. Lifestyle Financial Planners offer specialist, tax-efficient wealth management, retirement and estate planning solutions to our clients. Paul is a Certified Financial Planner CFP® and holds a Masters Degree from UCD in Financial Services and Risk Management.
Tel: 096-75951 Mob: 086-8053755, www.lifestylefinancialplanners.ie
The information contained in this article is for general information only. It should not be used as the basis for any form of agreement or advice. We recommend readers seek separate tax and legal advice where necessary. This information is of a generic nature and does not take into account your own particular circumstances. Investment funds can fall as well as rise.
Lifestyle Financial Planners Ltd trading as Lifestyle Financial Planners is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland